I like your user name, so lets be sure people don't thing we are each other, or in any way connected.

Lots and lots of stuff will mount on a Dakota chassis. Check the street rod section and see some of the stuff that has been put on a Dakota Chassis. I would certainly put an older cab and bed on a Dakota chassis before I would a newer cab & bed. I would suspect mounting a newer cab on an old chassis would cause a lot of problems with emissions. The vehicle needs to meet the emission standards for whichever part of the vehicle is the newest.

I'll post a couple to get you started.

The 48 Plymouth business coupe (#117) is street driven. The body shell has been put on a 90 Dakota 2wd. It runs the Dakota 3.9 V6 with the Dakota 5 speed. The car has been on the road 9 summers and has been driven over 70,000 miles on the Dakota chassis.

The project truck is a 49 Dodge and its on a 93 Dakota 4x4 chassis. It will probably be on the street by spring 2021. I'm using a 96 Dakota 318 4x4 drive train in it. Both vehicles remain fuel injected. The 49 is the 5th Dakota chassis swap I've done. Gene

100_0442.JPG100_0453.JPG