Originally Posted by skdmark
The baseplate adapter ring has the offset.

Thanks guys, I was thinking the centering of the shaker might have been one of the reasons but sure doesn't look like that had anything to do with it, Some may not have noticed the offset of the air cleaner to the Air Grabber and the A12 hood underside versus the centered hood scoop but I guess that was never a problem for air intake/air filter/hood scoop location. The only thing that was ever (to my knowledge) a problem with a hood and hood scoop was told to me back in the '90's by Dick Maxwell regarding the lack of a method to close off the A12 scoop and take air in from a safe area inside the engine compartment like other Mopars and all of the other manufactures. This is what Dick Maxwell told me and I swear that it is true. In order to put a lift-off-hood on the A12 with no hood hinges and that if would not be necessary to disconnect any kind of a hood scoop intake closing system every time you removed the hood. He had to prove "to upper management" that the A12 could survive and stay running in wet or snowy weather. So he had the help of two other engineers and put an A12 on rear wheel rollers, put removable corner drain openings in the air filter tray and ran the A12 at half throttle on the rollers for nearly 30 minutes as he and one other engineer "hosed" the A12 hood with garden hoses in the mist pattern. Dick said that he convinced upper management that no one would ever drive a car with this much power at anything over half throttle in the RAIN OR SNOW. laugh2 As we now know he convinced management to allow the LOH with no way to close off the hood scoop opening other than stuffing foam or a rag in it (suggested on labeling) to go into production, No other Mopar or any other manufacture has done that to this day that I know of? Ah the good old engineering days of Mopar and the Ramchargers beer

MikeR

Hood_location_with_lines_orig_hood_underside_A.jpg