Originally Posted by MI_Custumz
DTE here offers a warranty for $30 a month (other levels as well). I was thinking of getting it and using it when our central air takes a dump. It's at least 18 years old and last time the yearly maintenance was done, they said it's probably close to needed replaced. Would this avenue be worth it? I have a downdraft furnace and the central air would be more expensive due to this. Not sure how the warranties work, if it's worth it, or if you are stuck with them for so long after filing a claim?

We have AHS, need to dump it. The A/C people, including their own contractors tell me they'll NEVER replace your system. They'll keep it patched up as long as it can be patched. Our system uses R-22, the price of R-22 is crazy high, they pay a max of $10.00 / pound, the rest is on us. In our experience with water heaters and A/C we've found VERY little advantage over retail. The only "win" we scored is when the washing machine failed, they were generous with that. At least with AHS there's a $75.00 charge for every claim.

Almost forgot, code upgrades are NOT covered. The trades seem to get these changed pretty often. 2ยข

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi