Originally Posted by DUFFMAN
Originally Posted by TJP
Unfortunately, it could be coming from Ed's supplier as they are manufacturing a lot of stuff overseas now.

That's what I was wonder, same kit just not sold under the Edlebrock name.

Originally Posted by TJP
BTW in my experience unless the carb has been completely trashed they rarely need anything replaced.

I bought this one used and it's kind of dirty. It will probably run the way it is, but I would like to clean it up. I have another one on a different car that I bought new in 1994 and it still runs great even though it's never been rebuilt.

We have 3 thread chasing sets. 1 craftsman ~ 45.00, 1 Mac tools ~ 110.00, and 1 Snap on ~ 175 +.
They are fricken identical in every way including the instructions inside the lid. Even the box is the same. The only difference is the label on the outside of the box..

HOWEVER, years ago when i worked at Intel the parts were all made at the same time in the same Fab facility etc. But when tested some were bin 1's, bin 2's, bin 3's bin 4's and 5's which were rejects. The bin 4's were sold to places like radio shack, while the bin 1's were premium parts that were sold to companies like Apple or IBM at a much higher price.
The point I am trying to make is, at Intel there was a definitely a different quality and price and that was confirmed with the testing.
Can the same be said in today's world ??? I have yet to find anyone on the tool side that can answer the question. Even a higher up nameless person at Snap on said " I can't say, we source our tools from everywhere.
So are you buying a Bin 1, Bin 4, or a reject ??
shruggy whistling beer