My wife decided to lose some weight 6-7 years ago. By diet and walking alone she dropped 125 lbs and has kept it off. She started with a cd player and I wound up buying her an IPOD nano. She literally fell in love with it and in 40 years of marriage I believe it is the best present I have bought for her PERIOD !
Unfortunately some idiot at apple decided to do away with it and replace it with yor phone or their idea of a replacement the IPOD Touch. The problem is it is much larger and has features she will never use.
She has loaded the current one up with a lot of purchased music from Apple I tunes. I have been told by Apple that some of that music may not play properly on another brand of player without being converted. Maybe BS maybe not shruggy
i should also mention that she does not like change (good for me LOL), and that their are IPOD nanos still available (purportedly new ?) but some of the reviews are mixed.

So I am hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction as the current unit will need a battery replacement soon. She only needs a reliable small unit so she can listen to her music while walking. Any comments / suggestions ?
TIA
Tim