Hey all!

A friend asked if I would do a several odd jobs on his '70 Cuda that has had a 426 Hemi swapped in. The motor is fresh, less than 100 miles I would say, maybe even less than 50. I noticed a slight but concerning tick/knock that prompted me to cut open the oil filter. I found whats pictured, lots of filings. First pic is the oil I got out of the filter, second is the bottom of the filter and probably best shows the flakes and filings (there's a few flakes nearly 1/8in diameter), last is what I captured washing the pleats in some gas then straining and letting dry. What I captured is very magnetic (some of the bigger chunks are silicone). He didn't seem interested in dealing with the shop that did the engine and asked if I could diagnose. My initial thought was it wiped the cam or something. I pulled the valve covers, intake, and oil pan and found nothing out of line. I discovered it has a hydraulic roller cam, it and the lifters all look good, valve train looks good, cylinder walls look new from the bottom, nothing obvious in the bottom end. Rod side clearance seems normal on all, none are tight on the journals, and nothing wobbly loose. I guess I will start pulling caps tomorrow but just looking for some ideas! Oil pump? Or?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg