Originally Posted by hemienvy
Thought occurred to me this would be a good idea. (Can't remember if I wrote about this previously)

With any given combo of cam-lifters-springs, if you made only one change, that is,
changing out steel valves for titanium valves, your safe RPM limit would go up (safe for the valvetrain that is).

This includes hydraulic roller deals, which have definite valvespring pressure limits. So with the same valvespring
you could rev the valvetrain to a higher RPM limit with Ti valves. As a generality, this is true.

I'm interested in building a hydraulic roller engine that can reliably run at 7000 RPM with .700" valve lift.
I'm guessing you would still be limited to what, 400 lbs open spring pressure ?
Ignoring horsepower or cubic inch arguments, or cost arguments, would this valvetrain be stable ?

Now I understand that many would say to use as much valve spring pressure as you can to safeguard the valvetrain,
but my philosophy would be to use the least amount of valvespring pressure that would safely work.

Also, is there such a thing as titanium pushrods ?

What would you say the pressure limit is for a hydraulic roller and why? I've ran them to 8k on steel valve LS7 engines with 200 on the seat. Multiply that by the 1.8 rocker ratio how much was the lifter seeing? (200 seat is 360 to the lifter, or the same as 240 on the seat with a 1.5 rocker)

Lightweight anything on the lifter side of the valvetrain basically means nothing. Rigidity is priority.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 650rwhp @7250 510rwtq @5700