Originally Posted by PossessedDuster
Thanks for the help. I read through the thread, I still think mine is wheel/tire related as the vibration is noticed really only in the steering wheel. Car see's regular summer use and only sits for the winter.

Tires where new along with the wheels when they went on but I will check the wheels for run out this winter. If it looks ok I'll see about getting them rebalanced as well.

I might also be looking for an excuse to change the wheels again too.

Try to find a shop that has a newer balancer that measures road force variation (RFV). These can measure the effects of wheel and tire out of round and tell the technician the best position to mount the tire with respect to the wheel. Again, this is different than balance. A wheel and tire can be perfectly balanced but shake like crazy due to road force variation. When new vehicles are built at the factory the wheels and tires are marked by their respective manufacturers with the low spots so when they are assembled at the plant they line them up high to low to minimize the road force variation. This isn't as exact as measuring the road force variation on a balancer but is much quicker and generally works unless the vehicle is very sensitive to RFV.

Last edited by 73MagDuster; 10/07/20 10:32 AM.