Originally Posted by 2JcodeChargers
Truly a drag... I remember staying home from school and I was listening to the local rock radio station. They had Alex VH and David Lee Roth in the studio to talk about their concert in Phoenix that night. This was about '76 or so, so VH was a brand new group playing in small clubs. I thought they were pretty funny guys so I kept listening. Then the DJ said;"Here's some of what you'll be hearing tonight" and proceeded to play Eruption and You Really Got Me. I about pooped my pants hearing this music come out of my little radio. It sounded like it was music from another planet!! At this time we were hearing older music or something new from Eric Clapton was "Lay Down Sally". Not really a bad song, but certainly not a real "ballsy" number. I'll never forget how Van Halen sounded to me. I managed to see them about 5 or 6 times over the years. The last time was in 2012. Still listen to them out in the shop. I'm almost 60 and every time I hear VH it makes me feel 16 again.
This getting old crap sucks.....

It truly was out of this world. Lets not forget that it was Van Halen and Eddies' guitar work that was used as an alien encounter sequence between Marty McFly and his teenage father in the film Back To The Future.