Quote:

I would also like to know what the price of the kit is or who to email for more info.

Mark

I just got back from a race and Eric's email was there.
$2950 a set. But remember, you have to use the special Stage-V rocker system too. So that has to be added in.
(sorry no price on that yet)

As too the difficulty, there are a few issues but nothing outrageous. The problem was that there's no head gasket that will directly work. I took a stock Fel-Pro 1009 and cut and nicked it until everything cleared. You do have to grind the block for pushrod clearance, but it's not a big deal and I'm used to this with a Hemi. As to the mains, most of my customers that did this conversion were building street engines and were not going to race. Show - not go.

Randy brings up a good point with the oil drain back. That is an issue if the engine is kept higher in the RPM range. I think it was my second conversion customer that cruised his car with a 4.11 rear gear and he saw a drop in oil pressure at highway speeds because the pan was being pumped dry. He took care of it by changing the pan and running a thinner oil. If I ever do another one I'd drill out the drain back holes slightly, and paint the valley area with a gloss paint.

The exhaust on these heads are typical Hemi size, shape and bolt pattern. So normal Hemi header flanges are used if you fab a set of custom headers. Clearance around the wedge motor mounts and starter is always an issue, but both of the installations I saw used motor plates and they cut off the wedge flanges. It worked.