Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Dan Halen
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Dan Halen
I have a '74 318 Duster I want to swap a 383 into. I've seen that Schumaker is NLA but have heard rumors that factory B/C body spool engine mounts will work. Anybody have first hand knowledge? TIA

If it was that easy then Direct Connection would not have built the BB swap K frame. It isn't difficult to move the mounts back on the K frame. If you don't have the time/talent/tools then you can find a local fab shop to do it. Jim Lusk has videos showing how to do it. https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopa...dy-small-to-big-block-conversion.470292/

What prompted my question was several people chiming in on another site, that they have done it. I had a DC K-member 40 years ago, but that was replacing the earlier style small block piece. With Mopar's tendency to re-brand assembly line parts with a "performance" part # I never discount the possibility anymore. Thanks for the info.

I guess it boils down to who you are going to believe. Here is a picture of my Duster with a DC type of K frame. The transmission lines up with the transmission mount and I have enough room in front of the engine for a clutch fan, full size radiator and a shroud. If you drop it in on the stock SB mounts you'll be fighting clearance issues all over the place. It can probably be done that way but don't be surprised if a lot of stuff doesn't fit.

I've seen enough of your work, I don't doubt anything you say. That image speaks volumes, everything looks to be where it "belongs". Thanks!!