Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I got on a parkway in CT today for about 15 miles, got off as soon as I could as just south of me was backed up for miles. Had to go through downtown New Haven, hope I never have to do that again! I am staying in Stamford, CT tonight, so 91 miles left to go in the morning, then head back west ASAP!

Aww man, I live in Stamford, wish I had seen this earlier! Not too much traffic yesterday, I actually went to the city (Queens) from Stamford, took less than an hour.

Northeast region "Parkways" always seem to get people in trouble. I've seen plenty of sardine-canned trailers on the Merritt coming in from Port Chester, NY, happens all the time. Like said above, people just blindly follow GPS and then somehow remain totally oblivious to the multitude of subsequent warnings. By the time they blow through the 11'4" sign 20 yards before the overpass they've already ignored the "No trucks on parkway" sign on the on-ramp or or the one that flashes 1/2 mile later that says low bridge ahead, turn off now.

I can guess who you went to see in Cheshire.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500