I have to correct myself, when I put the Hemi in the Cuda, I changed the mufflers from the Dynamax Turbos to the Ultra Flos. The reason is because the Ultra Flos are straight through. Which makes them flow better, but they are louder. I like the sound personally. The car sounds very similar to the way they sounded back when they were new since they often had glass packs installed. Besides, all these Magnaflows and Borla and the like makes our cars sound like the Mustangs and newer crap.

https://www.dynomax.com/mufflers

I do not know what our cars would sound like with a stock resonator for a muffler and glass packs out back. The Dynamax stuff isn't that expensive, so I would just make the change and be done with it. You don't need stainless or polished or anything like that, unless you show the underneath of your car.

The Ultraflos are like a glass pack but with a bigger outside diameter, straight through with more fiber glass packing around to absorb more sound. The actual glass packs (bullets) just have less fiber glass packing around the exhaust tube. And be aware that the fiber glass packing burns out over time. But it takes years. Because the cops would look under our cars back in the day to be sure we had mufflers, we would take new glass packs and soak the fiberglass with used engine oil, throw some gas on it, and light it to burn the fiber glass out. Basically straight exhaust. whistling

And yes, I can hear the radio and/or hold a conversation at road speed. It is noisy in the car with the wind and all, but I am comfortable with it. But the real killer for me is exhaust drone. I hate it so it is something I avoid at all costs. I also have Doug's electric cut-outs if I want real noise. up

Master, again and still