The only time a clutch wears or develops enough heat to blue the steel/iron surfaces is when it is slipping. Not knowing how you drive/use a clutch is an issue. I've seen guys who have been around cars for years and know how to build them use the clutch to "hill hold" a car. Or they slip it well past when it could have been solidly engaged while taking off.

I'm not commenting on how you used it here. Just saying.

I would call McLeod, get a Return Authorization, and have them refresh the cover. Tell them what you are running and follow their recommendation. There's no way a 2400lbs cover would last in any of the 440 cars I build over the years. A local shop here build me a 3400lbs cover that never warped. I still have a fresh 3400 lbs cover in my basement from back in the day. It would break the release arms on occasion though.

You could also scuff the glaze off the cover and put a fresh disc in, but that is a pretty wimpy clutch except for a stock small block or something to begin with. Then again, some folks never use full power on their rides. I just can't imagine living like that. Life is too short. Then again, speed cost money
. How fast do you want to go.

I am currently using a Street Twin from McLeod. It's the only clutch I've ever used that consistently works correctly and never slips once engaged. Best clutch ever

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)