My first all-Mopar show was the first Mopar Nats - Chelsea, MI. I believe this was 1981. I had my 71 Hemi Charger there & among other people, met Rick Ehrenberg there & we have been friends ever since. Rick had his F-8 69 RR there & first we took a blast down the nearby highway in my Charger, then Rick took me for a blast in the RR. The early Mopar Nats at Chelsea proving grounds were the best. We took "track tours" around most of the huge complex, including the large high-banked oval. Hell that track was over 3 miles long. We were taken in smallish groups of cars - maybe 30 cars, & everybody had to follow a pace van driven by a Chrysler employee. We were not supposed to exceed 40 MPH or something like that - yeah right. By the time me & some buddies in Superbirds got on the track, we couldn't even see the pace van. It was game-on - I know we were going around 135 on the back straight. Chrysler figgered-out after a couple of years the potential for bad things happening & their liability, so they wisely pulled the plug on hosting this event! It sure was fun while it lasted though. Then there were the shows at the Dodge dealer in Columbus every summer back in the early-mid 80's. That was a very good little show too. First time I went there, Paul Suloff was there with the triple-red 70 Hemicuda convertible. That car was absolutely stunning. I'll post some pics when I get back to my desktop on Friday. I was also at the NEHOA show in York, PA. I believe in 1982 or 1983 with a buddy from Toledo.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified