Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by kingdragon
Any of you guys have any suggestions on cleaning the terminals and fuse block on my dash harnesses? I was thinking about soaking the fuse block in a bowl of vinegar. My other idea is maybe evaporust. I want to put my harness terminals to look as nice as the flawlessly restored dash assembly. Looking forward to the responses. Working knowledge is best.
-KD

Evaporust

I soaked my bulkhead connector in it for 24 hours, rinsed with water and hit it with air. Came out squeaky clean. Removed corrosion, dirt and rust.

Wonder if I can do that with the female/fixed side of my bulkhead connector? work

More of a spray it on and wash it off type situation.

Yes, I did that also. I had a 65 Chrysler300 from San Francisco. Has a lot of corrosion. I pulled the bulkhead portion and soaked it in a plastic pail. Did the same to the connectors. Both soaked overnight. Took the out, used a spray bottle of water to rinse and blew them out with compressed air. They looked new. Poured the contents of the Evaporust bankin the container to re-use later.of course I disconnected the battery.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln