Originally Posted by poorboy
I was a Chrysler Tech in 86 & 87, and drivability was one of the areas I had the cert for. 1987 was a long time ago. There is no way I would trust my memory (or most others memory) on how to trouble shoot the cars of that era, especially if the others would have stayed as a tech and learned all the later versions. Things were changing pretty quickly around that time frame, with lots of refinements and changes.

I do remember replacing a lot of hall effect pickup switches back then. I did not see any reference regarding the fuel pump pressure or fuel volume, or even anything about a fuel relay or asd relay.
I see lots of guessing going on, and a lot of parts swapping. Keep going in that direction and you only have another grand to spend to buy parts to try. Good Luck! Gene

So, you say not to trust your memory.... then point at areas to look. I don't trust your memory!! grin

Fuel pressure is good, fuel pump is recent. No idea how to check for fuel volume.
At idle with a fuel pressure gauge hooked up, the pressure will fall and that's when the engine will stumble, but then fuel pressure will rise and all will be well. I have replaced the pressure regulator recently but that didn't seem to help either. I have not bothered to check the Auto Shut Down relay as I was under the impression if it trips, it would cause a no start condition after a stall. My car will always restart right away even if it does stall at idle. I've never seen a code 42.

This is why I figured I'd ask the community.... this is a strange issue that only seems to effect my car. I'm basically to the point of tracking down another engine module and possibly another power module just to see if that changes anything. But that's not easy nor cheap when concerning a Turbo II car.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....