Well, my heater core and evaporator came here today from Rock Auto. I bought the 4 seasons evaporator and it looks like the one that is in the heater box now. The heater core looks good too, but the new one is aluminium and the old one was copper/brass. The old one failed because the copper tubes crushed closed when I cut the old hose off of it, it was abnormally soft and very green after I opened the box up.

I got both pieces for $85 shipped to me. Local places wanted $100 for a 4 seasons evaporator with the same part number and another nearly $50 for the heater core. Last fall I put a heater core in my 95 Dakota, the core locally was around $35 and I paid a local guy $100 to install it. The heater core increased in price over $10 in less then a year. The AC didn't work, so I wasn't concerned about that with the 95.

This heater box is going into a truck that currently has nothing inside beyond the firewall, and that firewall was cut out of a Dakota truck. The biggest challenge will be to figure out what I did with the heater box nuts after I took them off. I'm not planning on doing a heater core nor an evaporator in this truck again. If it will needs one in the future, I'm paying someone to do it. Gene