Originally Posted by 71TA
The paper one is for A bodies (we just bundle all 3 cause i could never nail down exactly what year/models got what).

If it were me I'd put one in there. Why would one be required on a manual master cylinder between it and the reinforcement plate and not on a power brake booster?

I've looked at a few 70-1 B/E Bendix/master assys on original and correctly OEM restored Mopars over the years and tend to agree no gasket between the booster/master, just a guess as to the reasoning: the factory assembly line assembled the manual set up piece by piece, where as the Bendix power/master unit was fully assembled/painted and shipped ready for line install from Bendix, so possibly the vendor may have had their own criteria on assembly vs the factory?

Here's some factory prints, granted not everything was implemented/followed, but unless proven otherwise. it's about the only thing to go on with some documentation .... manual master E bodie using gasket, the B body Bendix/Midland and E body Bendix show assembly as delivered/ordered, I've yet to see a print from Bendix/Chrysler factory /FSM/parts book with a description of a gasket/PN for the booster to master assy point...

Mike

bracketbrake.JPGboosterbbodymoparts.JPGbossterebodymoparts.JPG