Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by second 70
I have my Cuda insured for $94,500 stated coverage with American Family and it's $241.50 a year. Only have to drive under 10,000 miles a year no other restrictions. Agent says they basically give you a year policy for the 6 mth price because they know they don't get driven that often or in bad weather.

I do hope you fare better then my son did with American Family classic car insurance. He had a 57 Dodge wagon with a 5.7 Hemi insured with them. The car wasn't finished, and had an agreed value of $10,000. The car was at a shop getting exhaust fixed and got caught in a flash flood. The car was covered by the shops insurance, but the adjuster told my son he would probably get his money faster through his company, then the shop insurance would reimburse my son's company.
My son filed a claim with American Family and it took 3 weeks for their adjuster to show up, after the car was out of the water. Then they tried to tell my son the car wasn't worth the $10,000 agreed price and all they would give him was $5,000 for it. We ended up calling the IL State Insurance Commissioner to get the agreed value amount paid! We had to call the Commissioner a second time to be able to buy the car back. All told, it took nearly 3 months to get his money, and that was only because of another threatened call to the Insurance Commissioner. The sad part was American Family was going to get back what ever they paid out.

Good luck with American Family Classic Car Insurance! If you ever have a claim, your going to need it. Gene

I should have added I had to have a certified appraisal with pictures accepted and then agreed on to get the $94,400 added endorsement. I also have letter confirming they will pay the full amount if it's a loss.