So the padded the shipping, have a crappy picture, charge a 25% restocking fee, and they are charging you 3% to credit your credit card. Unfortunately, its sounding more like "normal" online sales and more are going this route all the time. The most you can do is leave bad feedback, but a lot of places are no longer posting bad ratings either.

Guess its part of saving all that money by buying stuff on line. Sending back "cores" fits in the same boat. They love to collect for them, but most are pretty slow returning the core charge. A couple of advantages of brick and mortar businesses are that you get to hold the part in your hand before its yours, and they hand you back money when you return a core. I've arrived at the point that until the cost difference between buying local and buying on line exceeds 40%, including the core charge, I'm buying local. If I'm buying something online that just has to fit, I will see a real picture of the item, or I'm going to pass. I already have to many things in my "thought they would work" collection, I'm not adding any more if I can help it. Gene