Originally Posted by Clanton
Originally Posted by INTMD8
So you still plan to run the engine coolant through the intercooler?

If so I have no opinion of what you do from there.
That is ok and thank you for your opinions!

This question might be above my paygrade , but having recently put a turbo on my 383, I have a small bit of experience with boost increasing air temps. I have a water/meth setup, but I am also planning an air/water intercooler.

Just so we are 100% clear... my understanding is that you are wanting to run HOT engine coolant (180+ degrees presumably) through your intercooler? That might be some very "outside of the box" thinking on your part, but why would you want to heat up the air going into your engine? Most non-race air to water intercoolers have a separate radiator that would keep the liquid's temperature down near ambient temps.... this cool liquid is pumped into the intercooler and (if sized correctly) will cool down the air charge. Sure, on a long pull, the intercooler liquid temps can increase significantly, but starting from ambient temps, they will be a long way away from the engine coolant temps. The idea that you might help cool off the engine's coolant with the air flow over the intercooler into the engine is definitely a new one to me! This is literally the last place you want hot air going in your engine.

Good luck with your project!
beer

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo