I bolted a modified GM CS 144 alternator onto my car to eliminate the low amperage issue at idle. It's capable of putting out around 130 amps at idle and over 200 above a fast idle. They use them in Escalades etc. It bolted in the stock location with an inexpensive adapter bracket.(https://store.alternatorparts.com/a270-delco-chrysler-alternator-conversion-bracket.aspx) and I had to use a short sleeve and a longer bolt to move the adjusting arm into the correct position.

I did upgrade my underhood wiring to feed my accessories without going through the bulkhead plugs using a Mad Electric style set-up with a distribution block. No more low amperage problems, and no one even notices the change when the hood is opened. I rerouted my fan belts to accommodate the under alternator Sanden A/C pump and get better blt wrap than what the Bouchillion, Under Alternator Mount Kit provides if installed per the directions.

IMG_2602.JPG

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)