Here are some pics.
It's rough. I knew the guy who owned it before me we went to high school together. I have had the car in storage for a long while and decided to get it squared away and running. The button on the floor made me wonder if the police pursuit vehicle story was true or not.

It was a Radio delete car so the channel switching button may not apply. It isn't connected to anything but neither are the front lights behind the grill. There is an obvious hack into the headlight harness between the cruise and the battery. A place nobody would normally mess with. The car was stripped of the AC and the engine harness hacked to the point the Electronic ignition wouldn't work. It was running on a dual points distributor. No telling how much electrical carnage went on under the hood. Under dash looks great so far. When I first got it I had to bypass the bulkhead connector to the ammeter. I did this with simple wires though the firewall to the ammeter.

The fender tag lists a Red stripe and a Stripe delete code. I found this to mean the side stripe was not installed but he hood had the red stripe. It was silver when new, Red when I first saw it and primed when I bought it so I never saw any indication of stripes anywhere. When I got it, it had a GTX dash emblem where normally a Road Runner emblem would be. I doubt that was OEM but I have never seen an original 74 440RR except this one so I call it a GTX. I know it should have had the GTX emblems on the hood.

I didn't think the door panels were stock because I had never seen them without the wood grain but I found out that is the style for the lowest level base model interior which may also included a rubber mat instead of carpet. B2X9 on the fender tag.

The combination of luxury (AC. Cruise, & Power Windows) and the Big engine, base interior, side stripe delete, (presumably for police logo space), and no radio makes sense for a police car of that time but again I have no proof.

Combined with the shotgun rack, hole for the antenna below the rear window, the lights behind the grill, and the air blocks under the front end for high speed driving it makes sense. At least those were the descriptions I was told for those things. Also most police cars I have seen didn't use carpet for obvious reasons. Easier to clean.

It came outta California a long time ago.

overall.jpgstrange lights.jpgengine & cruise.jpgdash right.jpg