It wasn't plan A but ya know how these things go sometimes.

70s Dodge truck rad supports that aren't rusted to hell are a generally hard find, the quad headlight ones even more so because only a 2 year run. When the quest began in earnest I passed on a couple nice ones that I could have day tripped to pick up because I thought they were priced way too high. I ended up paying at least that much for the others when the shipping got factored in. The cost of the "collection" likely exceeded what I could have paid somebody to stitch a couple bad but right year and good but wrong year ones together. Ended up making a deal to buy some then found ones that were both better and cheaper before the first deal was done. Couldn't pass up another and didn't want to be a dick to the seller of the deal in progress.

The over / under came down to some sound advise from a 3rd party - it ain't like prices for these things is gonna come down. Have you seen some of the crazy numbers people are getting for the grilles? A little bit of my labor to clean up a couple issues and blast / prime them and a few years sitting in the basement could net a bit of a profit. Assuming they don't start repoping them.