I made sure a lot of them were parts donors back in the 90s. You could buy them cheap, drive them a year or two, and make 3x what you paid for them by selling the parts. Motors, transmissions, the K member with the torsion bars, and the very comfy seats, were hot sellers with the guys building street rods. I even killed a few on the dirt track.

Short story: When my son got his drivers license I bought a pretty nice 5th Ave for him. He hated that car, and did his very best to try to kill it, but just couldn't get the job done. After almost a year of listening to him complain, I found him a Daytona (FWD) that he bought. A few weeks later, I sold the 5th ave to a kid that just got his license. About 3 months later, that kid rear ended someone. He had slammed on the brakes so hard the car nose dived and the impact was all above the front bumper. It pushed the radiator into the water pump. The kid brought the car back to me telling me the brakes failed, but the funny thing was, even with the front end hammered, the brakes still worked. I think he thought I was going to give him back his money. When he found out that wasn't going to happen, he just gave me the car. A few hours later, my son stopped by the shop and saw the wrecked 5th Ave. He wanted me to fix it up so he could drive it! I told him that since he didn't want to drive it when it was a nice car, I sure wasn't going to fix it and let him drive it after it was wrecked, so of course I parted it out. Gene