493 wedge, 64 Dodge NSS car, 9.90-10.10 ET, 727 with aluminum front drum, 5 pinion steel planetary, LBA valve body, 16 element sprag, rear roller support. I rebuilt this trans around 2012, we cleaned the splines out of the aluminum planetary in 2015, so I replaced it with a 5-pinion steel planetary. Trans has been flawless tha last 8 years until last weekend. We do change the fluid every couple of years and the level was OK. Trans developed a flare on the 2-3 shift that got worse with each run, but would eventually shift. Didn't hurt ET much as we made it to the final at Cecil. It flared in the final on the shift and when he pedaled it in the lights as the engine flared again (about 600 rpm over normal). First and second gears are OK. Shifts ok at part throttle on return road. Gonna pull it in a week, but since I haven't seen this type of failure (we've broken just about everything else in the trans before), just want to get an opinion on what I may find when I pull it apart so I can be sure I have the parts on hand or order ahead of time.

IMG_2176.JPG

2012 422 Allstars NSS Champion
2013 422 Allstars NSS Champion
2014 422 Allstars NSS Champion