That is so true my friend. I bought my truck 8 years ago and wished I had examined it more thoroughly before I did. I never thought to look under the dash to check for rust through there. It had been recently painted purple, had a 73 440, with a bunch of cool bolt on goodies and had been converted to an 8.75 rear with 3.91 gears. The seller said that he had rebuilt the front suspension, but all he had done was put new shocks on the front. He said it had new brakes, but the rears would grab every time you stepped on the brakes. When I finally pulled the drums off, I discovered he had put both leading shoes on one side and both trailing shoes on the other. There was apparently no prep work done before he painted the thing as most all of the purple paint has fallen off. I completely rebuilt the front end, all new bushings, balljoints, tie rods, idler arm, as well as a new steering gearbox. I completely redid the brakes front and back, new calipers, rotors, wheel cylinders, pads and shoes. I'm having a hard time finding a decent cab near me that they don't want $500 for, but I am patient. I was hoping with all my might, that the cab I found would do the trick. I mean $25 was a very good price!