when i was selling my 72 RR i had several dealers try to do the same and a few something similar.
they would contact me and say they wanted to buy it. but could only give me a very small deposit, $50, to hold it until they could pick it up. i didn't have a problem with it because the sale wasn't going very good for me. they had a big problem with me insisting on giving them a deadline to pick it up and pay for it, less than 1 month, or they would loose the deposit. what they were trying to do is get exclusive legal access to sell it, have me hold it for unlimited amount of time while they attempted to re-sell it for profit while giving me next to nothing for doing it.
one dealer took my pics and advertised it on their site for $40K over my ask price just like car c is doing.
another one took my pics, without authorization, advertised it and then tried charging me to advertise it. needless to say when i insisted on seeing a signed contract authorizing such charges, they didn't get very far.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 07/06/20 07:31 AM.

perception is 90% of reality