Originally Posted by topside
On '69 Coronet buckets, as on the '69 Belvedere line, the bolsters were a bit "proud" (taller) of the center areas.
Roundabout 1/2-3/4", IIRC. You can see that in the brochures or photos of low-mileage originals.
Oddly, my Chargers were not that way, but noticeably flatter.
This applies to the seat back as well as the cushion (bottom), and for the Plymouths at least, also the back seat on bucket-seat models.
Sometimes applications are incorrectly listed in the aftermarket catalogs, you might want to check that.

My GTX with new covers and foam are as you say "flatter" and not "proud" at the at the edges as I remember my (then new) '69 RR back in '69 through the '70's, Here's the GTX before the new covers and foam and even with 90,000+ miles on the odo they were NOT flat as you pointed out. I now for sure need to get CORRECT new FIRM foam and redo them. Glad this question came up, the car is too nice to not have O.E. type seat foam,

The passenger's seat (foam) seems to be correct but the driver's seat (foam) is flat as noted. I have not spent much or any time in the passenger's seat with the car moving but the first time my wife rode in the GTX (years ago) the first thing she said or complained about was how soft the seat foam was and that she could no longer see over the dash as she could in our '68 bench seat Road Runner and that complaint has NEVER gone away.

GTX Y2 4SPD 69 0005 copy - Copy (37814785).jpgIMG_0139rss3x2x1.jpg