I've just acquired a stock 1972 440 intake that I'll be putting on my 1973 block. I will be perching a new Edelbrock AVS2 carb on it with an electric choke. Not intended to be a screamer, just a street car that gets up & goes once in a while.

This intake has a large hole next to the carb opening, I am assuming it was for a mechanical choke. From what I've been able to research, it is also for the heat crossover. Photo is attached.

After reviewing a few threads on this site, I think I have it straight, but since I'm a rookie I want to make sure I'm tracking correctly: the best way to block the hole from the bottom is to buy the correct valley pan gasket that blocks the heat crossover. But I don't see a good way to block the hole from on top, other than covering with a thin piece of stainless steel or tin. Edelbrock sells choke block-off plates, but I don't see one for this manifold....perhaps someone makes them out there (?).

If I'm in right field and starting to climb the fence, please holler - I'd appreciate validation of above info and any advice. Thanks much in advance -

Wade

IMG_2408.JPG