Hi All,

I am planning to install a 22-inch wide aluminum 2-core radiator in my 1971 Charger to (hopefully) drop the coolant temp in warmer weather. It has a flow cooler water high flow pump, high flow 180 degree thermostat, mechanical fan (non-clutch) with plastic shroud, and the original 22-inch 4-core factory radiator. It's a 440 with headers.

My two realistic choices appear to be the Champion from Mancini ($200, but the tubes are only 3/4-inch), or Wizard Cooling ($540 but it has 1-inch tubes). I would rather spend $200 than $540, but I don't want to go cheap and then regret it either. I am planning on sticking with my mechanical fan and shroud, and only upgrading to an electric fan if it still needs help.

I also looked at a crossflow generic radiator from Summit, but to get a 22-inch wide core, I need the 26-inch wide radiator and then I start to run into fitment issues (mounting it, redoing the tranny cooler lines, making the cooler lines fit with the battery tray right there, what to use for radiator hoses, etc.). I am not really a fabricator, although I could probably make it work if I had to. That one is $215 (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-381425) plus $30 bucks in mounting hardware, plus new hoses, etc. For $275 or so, I would probably have a better radiator than the Champion for a little more money and half the price of the Wizard, but with a lot of potential headaches. I could get a smaller radiator, but not taking full advantage of the 22-inch core width that I have seems foolish.

I know there are a ton of radiator posts, I have read all of them. If anyone has any specific advice they could offer me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Greg