Finally going to bit the bullet and install a/c in the shop. Had a guy look at it a couple years ago and quoted what I thought was a ridiculous price to install a 12,000 BTU unit so I took a pass. I've been looking again and see that some of these can be installed yourself and they're around $2000. However reading the specs it seemed I need a bigger unit. Anyhow, told the wife I was gonna finally bite the bullet and she mentioned she has a friend whose husband owns a heating/cooling company so what-the-hell, right ! I called the guy and he came out and looked the place over and also recommended a 12,000 BTU unit. Huh ?!?! Well then he went on to explain "why" !! If I install a bigger unit it will run less. Well an a/c removes humidity - which is a real killer in the shop 'cause I have a lot of bare steel that can rust, not to mention that mold and mildew will form on anything. So the smaller unit will have to run longer to keep the temp down BUT because its running longer its removing more moisture from the air. So now I'm comfortable with the 12,000 BTU unit. Going to have them install it - gotta support local small businesses, right !!