Originally Posted by poorboy
Looks like a really nice starting point. Don't let my next comments distract you, after all these years, I tend to look at things from a different perspective then most do. I was the guy most would expect to correct things that were not what the buyer expected a purchase from someone else to be.

It looks like it may still have the original beam front axle, adding power steering is a pain to do without redoing the entire front suspension.

I would be concerned about a seller insisting a 318 is a 340 up to the point you have to prove its a 318. I would be concerned about everything else he may have told you. I hope the metal under that recent paint is still good, finding sheet metal for that truck will be a challenge. Gene

Gene, No worries at all because I would rather be told what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear. I was concerned when the engine was different as well. I spent a lot of time crawling all over the truck after that. I took a magnet to the fenders, hood, doors, door panels, floor boards and the entire bed. The was a small amount of bondo work on the bottom of the passenger side door but that was about it. I'm sure there will be some surprises along the way but I'm hoping they are not huge ones. we worked out a 1500 lower price because of the engine, so over all I'm still happy so far.

Last edited by JWK57D100; 06/06/20 12:27 PM.

1957 D100