Originally Posted by burdar
Have you seen this video? It should help. Some linkages have you insert a drill bit into some holes on the back of the pivot when you start the adjustment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9WTWayCC8

Thanks, yes, that is super helpful to show how to set up a 1971 TorqueFlite. The '67 FSM uses the same approach as the 1971.. and it explains the relationship between Throttle Pressure and Governor Pressure..
In my case, I get "Early Upshift", which is low Throttle Pressure, so I think the throttle lever isn't moving enough to increase pressure as I throttle up.

Setup is simple,
- I start with the tranny throttle lever in the Full Forward position shown at the 8:55 mark on this video..
- Then skip forward to the 12:08 mark and my bell crank setup is identical and adjusted the same way: I start by using a 3/16" pin to hold the bellcrank, then adjust the Throttle Lever to the Full Forward position. Then I adjust the slotted throttle bar to just barely touch the throttle pin at curb idle.

..and this gives me 'Early Upshift'. Something else must be going on. I don't think the problem is internal to the transmission, because it shifted and behaved just fine before I switched carbs from a 4bbl to the original 2bbl. I suspect the 2bbl carb's throttle pin doesn't have enough 'range of travel' to move the tranny throttle lever enough.. I'll look for ways to increase the movement of the tranny's throttle lever.

..What I mean is; as you are driving the car and adding throttle, the linkages move the tranny throttle lever rearwards to change the Throttle Pressure within the transmission.. so if I suspect the throttle lever isn't moving enough, the pressures will be low, and I get the "Early Upshift"... maybe there are a couple holes to put the linkage into that increase the movement of the throttle lever.

I removed the return spring at the carburetor throttle pin which lets the tranny throttle lever move rearwards, just to see what happens, and I got "Late Shift" problems..

Thanks for any comments... I'll get my eyes back on the linkages and lever, and watch the video again.. see what I can figure out.
- Art

Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 06/05/20 10:15 AM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle