Originally Posted by DaveRS23
The Harley guys get it. They actually RIDE their bikes. Poker runs, charity rides, Harley shop parties, etc. You don't see them having bike shows, sitting on hot asphalt parking lots listening to Beach Boys. That's for the car guys, apparently.

I'm tired of the same old, same old stuffed shirt car shows, too. The best part of them anymore is driving to and from them. And having dinner after they're over.

And who came up with calling a sit-around car show a 'cruise'?

I wish there actually was “cruising” at a Cruise Night. I too get bored at Cruise Nights or Car Cruises which is why I don’t go to very many. However, it is more fun if some of my friends are there but that usually isn’t the case as my friends who are into cars live far away. I would much rather do something where everyone meets at a certain place and then we all cruise to some other destination. My friend Ray told me about a show that I believe happened yesterday where everyone met at a retail store parking lot and then they all cruised to a neat restaurant in the mountains. This show was organized by local Police and I believe it was outside seating only. I would love to do stuff like that and I would have if my engine was not getting rebuilt.

Mainly during car show season I only go to two get togethers that my car club has and Carlisle and the Nationals. I will sprinkle in one or two cruise nights per season but some years I didn’t go to any. I know a lot of folks criticize the Nationals but I love the night life—the cruising, the illegal burnouts, the band and the car show at the Dodge dealership. Wherever you go Mopar people are there and there are cars to see. Part of the real fun of the 500 mile trip to Ohio is our small caravan that we have going out there. Carlisle, while a great show has no night life so I usually wind up sitting around the parking lot with my friends.

Bottom line I love driving my car.

I also agree with the OP about how folks like to talk about their car and I get it they put a lot of work into it or a lot of money and they are proud of it but I find it is usually a one way conversation. They care nothing about me or my car and they just kind of talk at me not to me it. This is why when my friends are there it is so much better.

I have a few friends into bikes and I have to admit I get jealous when they get together and go on one of their rides to the shore or some other cool destination.

Last edited by LimelightCuda; 05/31/20 05:25 PM.

Phil

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
1970 A66 Challenger Convertible