Originally Posted by mopar dave
Thanks guys. The best its ever launched and ran. I was really happy yesterday, that doesn't happen at the track too often. I'll say it again, compression compression compression, especially with these MW Victor heads. They need compression to flow properly, why, I don't know. Something not right with the ports is my guess. I was at Mid Michigan and the track was prepped real good. Never spun the radials except one pass and it was my fault. I foot braked and left at 2500 every pass. I set the shift lite at 6600 and anything more slowed it down a bit. Only made carb adjustments and shock adjustments. I was crossing with 12.8-13.0 on the AF meter. Only carb adjust I made was to the HSB. The .030 were faster than the .028 for sure. I was pulling big wheelies( 1ft) so I thighten the front rebound 1 click on the Vikings and got it down to what you see in the vid. It may be worth some ET to tighten one more click. I left the Caltrac shocks on 5 the whole time because the radials were dead hooking. Thanks for the awesome carb Dom. I'll post the inside gopro vid when I get it loaded.

Personally, i think the camshaft was way to big for the previous compression. Has a tendency to make everything lazy.
The extra compression has made everything work together much better.
Just my opinion.
Regards the wheelies, one foot isnt much with a leafspring car at all. But i agree, if you can continue to hit the tire enough to make it stick, by tightening up the front, abd get away with it... great job. you may see that not work on a more marginal track

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8