The reality is that some people are addicted to their device just like an alcoholic is addicted to booze. Thus they should be treated the same when they are behind the wheel with their addiction of choice shruggy Texting drivers are a particular pet peeve of mine and I have started a few threads about this over the years voicing my anger and disdain about these IDIOTS. Yet there were a few that even confessed that they do text while driving and defended their ability to do it effectively. This sounds like a drunk that says "I can handle my booze" then they get in the car and kill a family of 4 on the way home from the bar. Fines for texting while driving should be equal to the ones imposed for drunk driving PERIOD!
Did you ever take a call while driving and after you ended the call you couldn't remember what you did on the road for the duration of the call? I have and it's unnerving to me so I don't talk other than "can I call you back I'm driving" Most people don't have that kind of restraint and there is were the problem lies.
Rant over rant

Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60