I drive a short section of interstate on my way to and from work and see the same thing. It has always puzzled me why people think it's a good idea to drive 45 mph and try to merge with traffic going at least 65 and most of the time a lot faster. A couple years ago they did some work on the two bridges that cross the Tennessee river and both were one lane for several months. Traffic would back up two miles at times, even with signs warning of possible traffic stoppage ahead four or five miles before the construction idiots would still plow into stopped traffic.

From time to time I drive my Dart to work and most of the time I'd take the long way and avoid the interstate. I have to be at work at 6:00 AM so I leave home a little after 5. One morning I figured that traffic would be light and decided to take the interstate short cut. It was plenty light and everything was going fine, I was cruising around 65 and hadn't seen another vehicle going my direction. Then I noticed a car coming up on me, he was probably a mile behind me and coming fast. When He did catch me he darn near ran over me, swerved over into the passing lane blowing his horn and giving me the bird. I had my lights on and it was light enough that I saw his unlighted car a mile or more away and he still almost ran over me. I don't drive the Dart on the interstate anymore.

Remember, there are idiots everywhere and they have a license to drive too.

Last edited by justinp61; 05/15/20 01:45 PM.