Interesting. I use uv as part of a drinking water filtration to create o2 that kills bacteria and allows iron to be filtered from water by oxidizing it.
I know uv elements have a lifespan of about 12 to 16 months , UV -C spectrum is needed to kill virus, virus needs 30 seconds exposure to be killed by uv-c. Given the flow of a home ac insufficient exposure time so the system would have to
pull-off" a small amount of air into the contact chamber and would likely have to run 24 hrs recirculating house air even if the heat/cool is not being run.
With all that it would be important to ask if the system is generating ozone, or is uv-c (or both). i can also imagine there may be some sort of ion collection that is attracting dust and allergens. All this should be found out.

I've been using an air filter for years (12+) very successfully that is a stand alone system (blueair 600) wife immediately mentioned she does not see as much dust. Filters are true hepa can be bought with charcoal inserts and as the maintainer noticed there are metal tabs in an ion chamber that charges the air (and particles making them electrically charges to be filtered out ais tha air goes thru the filter elements.