Just thought I would post this in the hopes that it might save someone else the same headaches I have been through. I was not able to find many internet posts on the subject.

I have a 440-1 Indy Headed, MegaBlock, with TTI raised deck 2 1/8" headers, and a Quicktime bell housing in my 1966 Plymouth Belvedere. I recently broke the gears in my old school RobbMc starter. Prior to that I sheared the external bolts that clamp the starter together, and had Robb pin the starter in position for me. This led me to want a one and done solution. Buy once, cry once. Robb's new starters will not fit the Megablock, so I tried Meziere. Their starter was a work of art, it was both the most expensive and nicest starter I have ever seen. The challenge is that it would not fit the Megablock either, not even close. The clocking holes are opposite what it needed with the 2 1/8" TTI B Body headers. I would have just redrilled the holes, but it would not fit the pocket either. I measured that I would have to remove an additional .300" to get the clearance. There really isn't room in the car to do that with the engine in place, and I didn't feel that pulling the engine. I opted to have Robb rebuild my gearset and hope for the best.

Lesson learned... There are very few starters that clear the Megablock, with TTI headers. If you are building one, you will need an early version of the RobbMC starter, or you need to heavily modify the starter pocket, prior to assembling the engine and transmission.

When I called Meziere tech they were unsure if the starter would clear the block, I can tell you wither certainty that it will not, without serious modifications. They did allow me a full refund though. Great people to work with.

Hopefully this will help someone else out there.

Take care,
Bridger

Last edited by 1badmopar; 05/13/20 02:59 PM.

1966 Plymouth Belvedere
520" RB w/ Indy 440-1 Heads
FiTech Fuel Injection
TKO 600 conversion

[img]https://flic.kr/p/2j1ejsK[/img]