Originally Posted by ZIPPY
That's cool.

So, it is a pretty exact restoration build, down to the bearing type?

What about the original connecting rod bearings with the squirter "notch", will you duplicate those as well?

I think a person may need to make the notch themselves, if desired.

I always thought that was an interesting detail they added, and the aftermarket totally ignored/thought unnecessary. TBH I kind of agree with the aftermarket and have no issue modifying...but original is original.

Well sort of... For starters, I wanted to retain the stock 402 oil pan which in my view meant using a stock volume oil pump which lead to focusing on proper oil control and thus the use of half-groove mains. Actually, I had collected a set of NOS main bearings which would probably work just fine but with years of shelf wear and the discovery of the King bearings, I decided to try the new shelf stuff.

I did not know about the squirter notch in the rod bearings. My 69 383 Road Runner engine with standard bore, and standard/standard crank was found to have Clevite 77 rod bearings. I hadn't paid much attencine before on other engines but was wondering if Clevite was a supplier for Chrysler in the day? I'll have to look for the notches. Who knows? I guess someone could have replaced them at some point?

Oh! Here's a blast from the past... A set of standard low-deck main bearings...

[Linked Image]