Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Pale_Roader
Originally Posted by NANKET
To answer the question on value. NEGATIVE $5000. If you need color to break it up then paint the roof, or choose a different color!

Haha yup. If i was in the market for a shiny new muscle car and the otherwise perfect one came with vinyl, i'd have to factor in a roof repaint and bodywork into the price...

You mean I can make my GTX and A12 Runner worth a minimums of $5,000 more just by removing the vinyl roofs..........sold, I mean the GTX for sure would look great without the vinyl roof rolleyes and I would rather put the Lift-Off-Hood on a painted surface to add some character to the roof. An added benefit would be the increase in top speed with less air drag from the textured vinyl. rolleyes rolleyes

I see no loss or gain with vinyl roofs, comes down to first, owner's choice, and then MAYBE color or trim or as in an A12 a place to put the hood at the gas station to check the oil or race track to tune or cool down the motor more quickly.......looked at NADA, Hagerty's and KBB and couldn't find a value deduction or value addition for vinyl roof. Purely a personal choice.......and no one "back in the day" was worried about the roof rusting with or without a vinyl roof, shoot my lower quarter panels and wheel well lips started to go within three or four years from the darn salted roadways in southwestern Pennsylvania way before any other area of the Road Runner. My 50 year old A12 RR with a vinyl roof has a little rust push at the C-pillar where the lead is for the full quarter panel. $5,000 less value is also a personal opinion.

BTW IMO that white Charger above would look terrible without the vinyl roof........looks great to me up........and the owner too, if I can say that up up

I do believe that both ov us meant OUR value. I've never seen a + / - placed on vinyl roof in any value calculator. I dont think it matters. If anything... collectors like options... vinyl is yet another option. If anything, it adds value... i mean, in a collector sense. We meant... that buying a nice car with vinyl adds $5000 to OUR cost... because we'll be paying to remove it.

BUT... i think you should peel that sh!te off all the same... you know... just cuz... A12's are sexxxxxxxxxy beasts...