Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
What is the cam bearing problem?
I've had to scrape(with a bearing knife) more than one BB Mopar cam bearing to get the bearing I.D. correct for the cams to slide in properly, it is a problem with the factory machining them not big enough I.D. rant
I would say that 2 out of 10 blocks will need that, you can have the cam bore honed out also to make the bearings fit in them also.
I now install #5 cam bearing first and trial fit the cam and go from there if it fits and rotates scope wrench
I don't like having to scrape a new bearing but you do what you need to do to make them, I'm sure that is one of the reason the cam bearings are so soft work

I have done everything with this block, this was the third time it has wipped out cam bearings.
This last time I installed Durabond coated bearings and then measured each cam journal bearing and then the cam. I then cut each cam jounal to give it 0.003" clearance. It turned real nice and I thought I had it finally fixed, NOPE!!!

I'm over it, time to make it work.

What I really need to know is, is there enough room to go to a roller bearing in a stock block?
Also is there a cam core that is avalible for either 54mm or 55mm cam.