Originally Posted by Frankie P
Can someone tell me why the Year One date coded ignition wires cannot be used with electronic ignition?

Thanks
Frank

These ?

https://www.lectriclimited.com/spark-plug-wire-set-215377

If so , what I can tell you is that they are CARBON CORE wires - Not that there is anything wrong with that , however I can state for a fact they are very very high ohm resistance

I had been running a set on my 383/432 Stroker for a few years now - They look great and even fit better then expected , but when it came to inconsistent RPM’s , especially higher , I was chasing my ass between ignition coils and ECU s , even fuel pressure , just couldn’t put my finger on it because it was so inconsistent

So this past month after getting my car out of storage , the first few drives on the street I just wasn’t happy

Pulled the plugs , wires , and compression test AGAIN , just looking everything over while I had time on my side

I couldn’t believe the ohm resistance on these wires when I tested them used , and even against another new set that I have here in the bag

The longest wire #7 was in excess of 20,000 Ohms brand new

OK

So last month I put on a new set of Pertronix 7mm SPIRAL CORE wires set up for a big block

I wanted to use the factory spark plug wire holders

The longest wire #7 had less then 2,000 Ohms

Beyond happy with the fit (A little long on some) , looks and PERFORMANCE difference - Night and day honestly

Picture is my old set up last year with those date coded wires

Now running a Pertronix coil that I installed last year chasing my ass , ballast resistor is bypassed on the back side - Pertronix 7mm Spark Plug wires - Same distributor - Same Mopar Chrome ECU that I have had like forever

Only thing that I changed this spring was those plug wires - Difference maker

383/432 Stroker - 75cc E Street Heads - XE275HL - Chrysler / Pertronix Ignition - 800 AVS 2

A1153807-E415-4B75-A73D-F8419EF2DDA9.jpegF4416AFB-14A6-4076-BA11-6BE6A92C17DB.jpeg
Last edited by bee1971; 04/29/20 08:02 PM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies