Originally Posted by Warhawk
Would you guys feel safe having Indy build a short block now?

FWIW....

The short block pictured in the screen shot of the post by Chris Wheatcraft belongs to a lifelong (40+ years) friend of mine.
It's a beautiful 636 that Kenny Lazzeri put together.

My buddy and 2 of his family members took off early Monday morning, and drove to the INDY compound to pick up this new aluminum 636. They spent a couple hours there visiting mainly with Charli, and some with Lazzeri. They had time to tour the 4 main buildings of the compound, and were simply amazed by the machinery and all the parts on hand. Kenny told them that he is the only one that does assembly work, such as the 636, and anything that goes out the door assembled, from short block to fully assembled engine, has been assembled only by him.

The transition to and moving of the business to the Wheatcraft's home location in Ohio, is one that will not be done rapidly; but rather, it will be done in the best way possible, so as to not create disturbances in customer service, to the best of their abilities. There is an incredible amount of equipment to be moved, along with everything else that is the physical sum total of this business. Quite an undertaking, to say the least... especially while trying to continue to serve the customers.

Without any other details, Russ and Fred are no longer there... period.

Kenny is going to continue building the engines throughout the transition, and is expecting to continue in this capacity once everything is moved to their new facility. My friend's personal take and perspective is that Kenny seemed to be excited and happy about the new breath of fresh air that the Wheatcraft family is bringing to the business we've known for so long, as INDY Cylinder Head.

IMG_5228(1).png