Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by 67vertman
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I wonder if you guys may have a leaking purge valve allowing fuel vapors from the tank into the intake manifold. This is like flooding an engine. Or a even a fuel filled cannister. That can happen if you continually top off the tank after the pump automatically shuts off.

I will check and see if the canister has fluid in it. I will have to check if and where a purge valve would be located on my vehicle. Thanks for the thoughts though.

Edit, yes it has one....https://www.partsgeek.com/jf6kf2w-dodge-durango-purge-valve.html?gb=pp&cid=28884375&aid=4168799306&kid=1100003048023&msclkid=f1b81eafa5081f2d5699400704dfd4ad&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%28BSC%29&utm_term=1100003048023&utm_content=Dodge&

I I know it has one. That valve should be closed when the engine is off. If it leaks or is hung open (possibly from charcoal particles when a canister comes apart from gasoline contamination) could cause the problem especially when hot.

I located the valve, and pulled it off, tested it, it is working, as far as it getting power and continuity, wither or not it is leaking or hung up I cannot tell, I didn't have excess fuel in the hoses.

My Monster are real!

Living within your means makes life pretty easy.