So a little historical back story.

My Grandfather had a large multi story at the time Phillips 66 Gas station/garage in the 30-50's in St Louis.
My father worked for him with his brothers. My dad enlisted in the Navy shortly after Pearl Harbor, and was B-26 trained in the Tampa Florida area before being shipped to the Pacific.
He was very impressed with Florida.

Phillips 66 made a big expansion push into Florida in the mid 50's.
My dad now married and with kids had a falling out with my Grandfather, and decided to move to Florida when Phillips 66 offered him a brand new gas station.
As the family was moving the station promised in St Pete was behind schedule, so Phillips 66 offered another just being finished station just outside Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale.
And the rest is history.

Reminiscing at a proper social distance recently with my 92 year old mother, she commented that my deceased dad had opened the first Phillips 66 in Florida.
I had never heard that before.

So I contact via email Phillips 66 and asked if they knew the first stations they opened in the 1950's in Fla.

This is their response:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Phillips 66 Company. All of our stations are independently owned and maintained. We do not keep record of previously owned stations."

That is FWIW ,incorrect, my dad's station was Phillips 66 built and owned, leased month to month, opened by him when new, and closed by him for good, when Phillips offered him another newer nearby station.

Any ideas on how I could find out if he indeed did open the first Phillips 66 in Florida?

So I attached a pic of the station prior to grand opening, and a pic of my Dodge in HS that got a lot of attention by me inside.

img107 Phiilips 66 Andrews Ave & SR 84 Ft Laud Prior to opening.jpgPolara 500 Third-crop-edit-.jpg
Last edited by jcc; 04/23/20 01:46 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.