I went out and measured my NEW, in the bag, Molnar/ARP 2000 rod bolts. Never been installed or torqued. Shortest one at .000", longest one at .009", with the others some where in between. These are to replace the ones currently in use with over 4 1/2 years of mostly 1/4 mile runs. The original bolts, when new, were with in approx. .0015" with two exceptions, but they all had been torqued at the factory (at least one torque cycle). When freshening the engine this spring, I found that these bolts were now all over the place, hence the new ones for replacement. I also found that to get the proper stretch, the torque (w/ the proper lube) was over 75 ft lbs, closer to 80. When using the "torque and turn 60* method", the bolts were stretched more than the .0062" limit.
On a side note, I installed a set of Bill Miller alum rods last year, (high $$$$) and Bill himself told me not to worry about stretch, lube and torque them and run the h*** out of them. Like most on here I have torqued rod bolts in HP engines for many years with zero problems, never even heard of a stretch gauge. But whatever, I can follow the rules...

Brian