Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
We would be at 99 cents a gallon if it wasn't for the 18 cents per gallon tax put on us January 1st. I am leaving on Thursday from Chicago to Georgia to Florida then up to Arkansas so I will be keeping an eye on the prices!

Taxes are high in Illinois ?

yup. besides sales tax, delivery tax,county taxes,and such, the State used to charge us 19 cents/gallon "gas tax" but doubled it in this years budget (fiscal yr starts July 1) and I thought it took effect July 1 of last year but it was a 2 part whammy, some fees, fines and taxes went up then, others went up 1/1/20 like Rhinodart said.... they jacked title transfers when you but a vehicle by $50 per transaction in July, (now $150) OLUS now starting 1/1, it is now $151 to renew the license plates on your daily driver..... the lightest GVW of trailers ("TA plates") were $18 last year, $118 this year..... all trailers went up $100 over what they gouged us for last year for same renewal..... while Wisconsin doesn't even require plates at all on small trailers (under 3000 GVW)